Category: Healthy Living
Photo credits to: myessentia.com
At home, you can easily benefit from the nutrients available in your organic vegetables by brewing them to make into a tea. You may also combine your vegetable tea with other spices and herbs to add more flavor. You may try brewing your leafies by following this simple direction:
Brewing vegetable tea:
- Wash your leafies thoroughly. If you are trying out the flavor, use small amounts first.
- Drop your leafies in a glass bowl of pre-boiled filtered water.
- Add herbs and spices of your choice. To try: ginger, dried rosemary or peppermint.
- Brew your leafies for at least 5 minutes.
- Use a strainer to collect the liquid and transfer in a tea pot.
- Sweeten with honey as desired.
Some people enjoy concocting vegetable tea in order to alkalize their body and neutralize the acidity caused by most consumed foods.
Here’s a recipe that is also worth trying courtesy of: www.franlife.blogspot.com
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 celery stick
- 1 small or half of a large zucchini
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup string beans
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- Bring the water to a boil in medium sized pot
- Slice all vegetables and add to the pot
- Simmer the concoction in low fire for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze in the juice of lemon in the mixture
- Transfer into a thermos and consume within the day